Variables that can be used in click URLs
Inside the e-planning interface, when you enter a click URL as the destination URL for a certain ad, you can use some variables for special purpose. A variable is string (i.e: $random) that will be replaced by e-planning with a value the moment the user is redirect to that destination URL.
Variables can be used, for instance, to send users to different destination URLs depending on their country of origin, or the site where they saw the ad.
When entering the click URL for an ad, insert any of the available variables. Make sure the destination web site will be able to recognize the different URLs created when the variables are replaced by their values.
- System identifier for each combination of campaign, space and ad. Used for conversion tracking when the advertiser already has a tracking system in place. A list of campaign IDs can be seen by going to a campaign and click on the IDs link.
- User defined identifier for each combination of campaign, space and ad. Same use as $ccid. Can be set by clicking on the IDs link of a campaign, and then on Edit.
- Random number generated by e-planning. Can be used to avoid caches.
- User's ISO 3166-1 country code. I.e: if the user who clicked on the ad is connected from France, the value will be FR.
- Name of the user's ISP or network of origin
- System identifier for the space where the ad was shown. Use e-planning's API to get a list of spaces and their identifiers.
- System identified for the site where the ad was shown. Use e-planning's API to get a list of sites and their identifiers.
- User-set ID for the site where the ad was shown
- Passthru variable. The value must be set on the tag and will be passed through untouched to the destination URL. By adding a &ptv parameter to an e-planning tag, you can have a value passed over to the destination URL.
» MORE INFORMATION
©1998-2015 Caraytech S.A. All rights reserved.