- More than 80 servers distributed over 10 data centres.
- Main data centre in Dallas, Texas (SoftLayer).
- Other centres: London, Madrid, Buenos Aires (x2), Santiago de Chile, Miami, Bogota, Seattle, Washington DC, Munich (ITEN - Deutsch Telecom).
- UPS and diesel-generator backups with a 3-weeks capacity and diesel supply contracts.
- Earthquake-resistant buildings, access control.
- The ads are served from the closest point to the user.
- Suppliers: Global Crossing, Verio, InterNAP, Savvis, Level3, Telia.
- In Buenos Aires, connection with G4 and Cabase.
- In Santiago de Chile, GTD Internet.
- Network Connections of 100Mbps or 1Gbps.
- First-class CDN, where we do not have our own servers (Akamai).
- Protection against DdoS.
- Distributed DNS services, minimizing inquiry loss due to DNS faults.
- Boost DNS query response speed to e-planning.net, by having dozens of servers distributed worldwide.
- Renting out of servers to different suppliers.
- Scalability: the installation time of new servers is of less than 24 hours.
- Automated server configuration platform, to speed up the installation process.
- All servers have at least 2 cores or 2 CPUs, always using less than 25% CPU.
- MySQL database.
- The ad serving engine is developed in C language in a highly efficient way.
- Combination of Apache and nginx as web servers.
- Load balancers to obtain redundancy and distribute the load (1 active load balancer + 1 backup on stand-by).
- Database replication in real time on at least 3 servers.
- Remote backup of data on a daily basis, in two different physical locations, via network without tapes or manual media.
- Continuous monitoring of servers (database, ping, HTTP, etc. averaging 103 variables).
- Permanent monitoring of ad download time from different parts of the world and also boasts an external monitoring service to ensure the transparency of the data.
- System of alerts by pager, beeper and cell phones.
- 99.9% monthly average availability guaranteed for downloading of ads. Effective availability during 2009 was of 99.905% (figures from hyperspin.com), and actual availability which can be viewed online at any moment, at grabperf.org.
- The redundant system allows us to make escalating upgrades, while still providing a continuous service.
- The supply processes for new servers, management, monitoring and care alerts are certified under ISO 9001:2000 quality standard.
- ISO 17799/27001 standard – with reference to the security and confidentiality of information in the implementation process.